Monday 13 January 2014

Heart-to-Heart With ADA DIKE


Advisor: ADA DIKE

She gossips so much
     I got married about five years ago and we are blessed with two beautiful daughters. My problem is that since my wife lost her job a year ago, my house has been a nagging centre for jobless women. Each time I caution her, she will quarrel with me. Please advise me on what to do before I throw her out of my house.
      Olamide

   
 Its not easy to cope with a nagging spouse but bear with her because her problem emanated from her present predicament, that is, her loss of job.
     The next action you should take is to get her a new job or raise some money for her to start a business.
     An idle mind, as the saying goes, is the devils workshop. If shes engaged in a job, she would have less opportunity to nag.


My wife is not happy with me
      Dear Caring Heart,
     I am an engineer by profession and I am married with two children. Recently, my wife has been complaining that she is not happy living with me despite all my efforts. What shall I do?
Dele

    I wonder what is making her to feel that way. You story is one-sided because your wife must have a reason why she is not happy with you. Check yourself whether there is a habit she has been complaining about which you couldn’t drop. Do you give her enough money for the upkeep of the home? Are you someone that wakes up and rushes out to work and come back late without having time to discuss with her or play with the kids?
    Search yourself and amend your ways towards her. But if on the other hand you are innocent of the above-mentioned issues, forget about whether or not she is happy living with you since she cannot open to you.



Food For Thought
A man who makes trouble for others is also making trouble for himself.
- Late Chinua Achebe
Nigerian, Writer. Born in 1930


Love Tone
Communication is the key to our happiness.
If you just talk about it, maybe, we can make some sense.
I’m not the type of woman that you can play for a fool.
You better get with me and just act like it’s cool.

Can you tell me what’s going on in your mind?
Is it affection you need, is it what you want to find?
I can take you where you want to go,
Just stand by my side, and if you’re sure of what you want,
You can’t be wasting my time.
-Monalisa’s stop wasting my time.

No comments: