Wednesday 21 May 2014

A millionaire business woman stole my car key at church on Sunday, May 18, 2014


Ada Dike

By ADA DIKE
God, why me?
Female friends have dealt with me since I became adult to the extent that I became my own close friend.
I have learnt to weigh the pros and cons of life before I do anything so that if anybody blames me I will ignore them.
God, why me?
Before I joined the church I am attending now, my friend in another parish (before she joined me in that church and our friendship ended after I gave her a contract to execute) advised me not to belong to any department in the church but later I joined one and warned myself not to have any close friend there.
I got a shocker in November 2011 when I sat with a few female church members (workers) at a wedding reception of a lady I have known for many years. As I arose to hug the bride's mom and spray her with a few notes, my Blackberry phone disappeared till today!
How managed? It is a mystery I couldn't fathom. Since then, I move with my bag wherever I go in the church.
I had a choked up itinerary last week and two parties on Saturday so I decided to rest on Sunday but my conscience flogged me and reminded me that I normally go to work even when I'm weak.
I jumped down from my bed and hurried to church for workers' meeting known as 'fresh fire' (to go and ask for mercy and grace). Nobody was sitting on my right but a young couple was sitting on my left. 
After the meeting around 7.50 am (before the arrival of some policemen who guard our church on Sundays), I went upstairs for Bible studies. As I always monitor the content of my bag in the church at intervals, I checked my bag and noticed that MY CAR KEY has disappeared. Our teacher( mother of Late Sylvester Awenlimobor; the journalist who died in a car crash while in active service last February), noticed my mood and asked me what was amiss. Then I told her that my car has disappeared from my bag. We alerted the church security men and the holy police, they positioned themselves and used vehicles to block my car.
As the Bible study was going on. Mummy Awenlimobor kept assuring me that it would be found. Shortly before the service started at 9 am, I went and sat where I normally sit and Mummy Awenlimobor left ministers' section, sat beside me, with two other pastors and asked me to name people that were sitting beside me.
 As soon as I opened my mouth to explain  a woman surfaced, she is the closest person to me in our department, she is an international biz woman who can comfortably bring out 20 million naira if the need arises, she was sitting behind me with her husband during workers' meeting and sitting on the front row of our class during Bible studies entered the church and asked me: "Sister Ada, is this not your car key?"
Me: (Stretched hand and collected it first and asked her), "where did you find it?"
Sister: "I went downstairs to see the church's nurse and looked inside my bag and saw the key"
End of the story part one!!!
Question: Who stole my car key in less than 50 minutes' meeting of workers? The only time the bag wasn't on my lap was two occasions we stood up to pray and I kept it on my seat.
As events unfolds in my life, I keep getting confused about people. Hm.  
Anyway, Thank God It's Wednesday.
Be good to yourself and others, then hand your battles to God and you will be amazed how victorious you will be.   Cheers!!!

No comments: