Monday 29 September 2014

Heart-to-heart with ADA DIKE: He beats me often


Advisor: ADA DIKE

He beats me often
I met my husband at a party organized by my former roommate at school and one thing led to another, we dated and  later got married two years ago. My problem is that he gets annoyed over little issues and beats me often without any cause. My family members are threatening to move me out of his house but I refused because I don’t want to lose him. What shall I do?
Doris
Dialogue is the best medicine. Shed off that nagging attitude if you have it. On the other hand, wife battering is a primitive form of correcting a woman. In humility, appeal to him to stop beating you over every little thing. If he continues that way, report him to his family members and see if they can talk to him.
There is a common saying that marriage is for better for worse. This aspect you facing is not really the worse aspect but the challenging part. Carry your cross and decide whether or not to continue to live with a brute.
If you were living abroad, he dare not touch you because he will arrested and detained as soon as he touches you.

No comments: