Sunday 5 October 2014

Album review: Dammy Krane’s Enterkaner quite entertaining



By ADA DIKE
Dammy Krane
I went somewhere on Victoria Island, shortly before I was introduced to some people there, one track that was being played was ‘Amin’, I quickly took permission from my hosts and started dancing because that fuji song is the type I love to dance (because I am a bridge between the old and new school). (Laughs).
It was after the track ended that I was informed that the song was done by one of Nigeria’s young artistes that is taking the music industry by the storm, Dammy Krane.
Sincerely, after listening to Dammy Krane’s newly launched debut album, you will not hesitate to play it over and over again because the album contains many tracks that are quite entertaining and inspiring.
Titled: ‘Enterkraner,’ the album has beautiful tracks, some of the hit songs in it include: ‘Asiwaju’ (Leader) which explores the principles of being a leader, ‘Falila’ a love song which talks about how love connects someone from youth to adulthood, ‘Uwa di njo’ or ‘Aiye ma le’ featuring Puccado, ‘Love Na Die’ featuring Olamide, and ‘In case of Incasity’ featuring Davido.
Others are: ‘Oluwakemi’ meaning ‘God is taking care of me’ which is also his mother’s name, followed by my favourite track: ‘Amin’, the Juju song in the album.
‘Jolly Good Fellow’ featuring 2Face and produced by Spellz is also one of the tracks I love so much. ‘Tomorrow No Dey’ a cultural love song produced by SPellz is also appealing while’ Africa’ also produced by Spellz thrilled me.
I love ‘Amin’ so much because the tempo is cool and not high. The track is beautifully synchronized with percussion. Above all, it is a prayer track. So I meditate on its lyrics when listening to it.
Listening to ‘Falila’ would make someone feel romantic, especially, ladies. I hereby suggest that the fast rising act, whose music cuts across all genres but dwells more on 21st Century Fuji do a remix of ‘Falila’ and make the tempo slow.
Signed on Hypertek Digital and 960 Music Group alongside superstars like 2Face Idibia, RockSteady and Sir Victor Uwaifo, Dammy Krane, born Oyindamola Johnson Emmanuel, through this album has proved that his future is bright in Nigerian music industry. In fact, he is on top of the game as his kind of music can appeal to both young and old, depending on the track one wants to listen to.
Born on December 10, 1993 in Lagos, Nigeria, he started writing his songs from the age of six.
Dammy Krane’s other hit singles such as ‘My Dear,’ ‘Uni Girls,’ ‘Lobatan,’ ‘Ligali,’ ‘I Like Girls,’ ‘Throw Back,’ ‘Below,’ and so on are dance tracks, wedding and love songs.

No comments: