Wednesday 3 December 2014

'I AM A WALKING MIRACLE' testimony of an accident victim

Pls help me post this testimony of mine on 3rd of Dec so everyone can help me thank this merciful God again. I title it... I AM A WALKING MIRACLE. My name is Simeon Solomon. On d 3rd day of Dec 2009. I traveled to Ibadan Oyo State, Nigeria. On my way back, I was involved in a road traffic accident in which the vehicle somersaulted about 4 times and landed upside down in a ditch off the little bridge. This Led to a spinal cord injury @ c3/c4 level. After series of x-rays and magnetic resonance imaging tests, I was told its a hopeless situation therefore I'll not be able to use my hands and legs anymore. As at this point, it still seemed to me that I slept off in the bus and was dreaming, expecting myself to wake up at the park. After 2 days, I was told an operation will be carried out on my spine and if successful, I'll be able to use one or both hands but definitely not the legs. This did not sound good to me so I bluntly refused to be operated. I kept believing God for a miracle. The doctor kept persuading me to be operated as that seemed to be the only way forward but by God's help I said a blunt NO. At a point he offered to operate me on credit because he probably felt I couldn't afford the fee. This offer sounded like favour but on the other hand I saw it as a shift of faith. I told him its not a matter of being able to pay or not that I just believe God will heal me. He got angry and really insulted me saying I talk as if there are only christian patients and no christian doctors. He came afterwards to persuade me again to be operated on and by God's GRACE I told him to leave me alone for God to heal. I know that didn't really sound nice to him but I am also very aware that I had to hold on to my FAITH in God and stand my ground. Please note that I have nothing against medical practitioners. As a matter of fact I have them as friends, in-laws and siblings. I have physically seen various (major and minor) forms of operations carried out in the theatre many times so I respect them so much because of their wealth of knowledge. When I noticed that my mustard seed faith was about to be massacred by d doctors discouraging words and BIG BIG medical terms during ward-round with medical students, I quickly requested to be discharged. I was then moved in an ambulance from U.C.H Ibadan to a private hospital where I think they will be more understanding and respect my stand as regards anything they have to offer. There I kept my faith high and kept hoping for a miracle. Got a T.V and DVD player, sent for many CDs on FAITH, HEALING and most importantly THANKSGIVING. Comedy videos of C.D John and Alpha Sule "sekebula" played a major role too. I never had a dull moment because I know the effect if JOY withers out of my heart. I needed to draw healing out of the well of salvation and I know JOY is my pumping machine. Those that came visiting were surprised at the way I was handling issues. Excited all the way. I got some books on healing as well. Though I couldn't sit up or hold the book, I told people that came visiting to please read the books to my hearing. Each one will continue where the previous one stopped. One day, a family friend came with a man with diabolic powers to work on me. He said that if I allow him perform his enterprise, I will walk out of d hospital in 3 days. Immediately I knew this is d devil trying to compete with God as regards who did the healing. I said to myself that God will never share His Glory with any man. Suddenly a Holy anger rose within me. Though I was paralyzed both hands and legs, no one to help me stop them in d room, yet I used my major functioning part (my mouth) to send them out. I told them that what I need is a miracle and not magic because only miracles last. I know d devil does not give anything for free. If he gives you a cap today, sooner or later, he will be back for the same cap but when he comes back, he won't only take the cap but also the head wearing it. If the head is off then what is left of such fellow? I agree that if I allowed d man, I will walk out of the hospital in 3 days but d fact remains that very soon, the same legs will take me somewhere that another accident will occur and ultimately claim my life so why not wait patiently on God. He created me in the first place so I don't expect it to be difficult for Him to re-create me. When God finally stepped into the situation, it turned to me for a testimony. For d 1st 4 months, I was lying down 24/7. No movement on my own. @ 5 months I could sit and stand wit full support just like a baby. @ 6 months I stepped out of d room for d 1st time almost with full support. @ 8 months I could manage 2 brush my tooth, feed myself, take a cup of water and flip through the pages of the Bible. @ 9 months I could also manage to write A-Z in small and CAPITAL letters. @ 10 months I could bath myself and...... @ 11 months I could dance to TOPE ALABI's song "timba so p'Olorun ose to". I was also discharged 4rm d hospital at the 11th month towards the end of 2010. I was never operated neither did I use d crutch or wheel chair. Not for one day!!!! Now I can drive both manual and automatic cars again. Beloved, God is not a partial God. What He did for one He can do for all. Even if you are on a wheel chair as you read this or even at d hospital right now, God can heal you. Have faith in Him. Put your Trust in Him and Him alone and see what he will do for you. Now I can say I have escaped with my life as a bird from the hunter's snare. The snare is broken and I am free. God has made me a WALKING MIRACLE. Praise GOD!!!! Attached is a live picture of my face few hours into the accident. This is just a summary of the testimony. I'm getting married 20th Dec 2014.

  • 51 o
  • 1

No comments: