Monday 5 January 2015

Nigeria, religion, politics and my experience at church

Ada Dike (Me)
Shortly before INEC commenced giving out Permanent Voters' Cards (PVC), a non-governmental org printed fliers to sensitize Nigerians on the need for them to have voters' cards.
They gave me some copies to distribute in the church I attend. When I showed it to the Head of Ushering Dept, she warned me not to give it to anybody in the church, saying only church fliers are allowed because the church does not involve herself in politics.
I took the fliers home and shared to my neighbours and colleagues.
Today, the pastor in charge of the parish I attend, during workers' meeting stylishly tried to sell the party he belongs to us and asked people that have collected their voters cards to raise their hands. My people, we were not up to 20%. LWKM.
Some people are fighting and threatening one another online and physically just because they belong to different parties. Many of them have conducted elections online, before the elections period without collecting voters cards. Even, some people that have cards may not vote because they won't be patient till it gets to their turn.
‪#‎Choi‬. Na wa o.

No comments: