Monday 1 June 2015

I prayed for another chance


Robinson


 By Femi Robinson.
“The world is a stage where men and women act a role or character chosen by the almighty creator; the producer and director of the play.
In each play there are entrances and exits for each character.
The first entrance is the day one is born and the final exit is the day one dies.
I had written so many plays on life but I was not physically an actor.
Total theatre involves the use of Music, Dance, Visual Art and Expressions.
These are the skills or talents needed by man to perfect his role or character on the stage.
These skills and talents are God’s gift.
They cannot be covered up or buried by any force.
When the time is ripe it will surface in glory.
God moves in mysterious ways, his wonders to perform.”
Three months ago I began to have a premonition that my time to exit the stage had come. I had read of most of my age mate who had exited the stage and had left unsung. As a playwright I began to ask myself what had been my contributions to this world? How would I love to be remembered? What lessons did I learn and how would I run my life if I had “Another Chance”.
Traditional beliefs have been adulterated by the theory of ensuring that we “Keep it in the Family”. I found that I had been endowed with the gift of telling stories and communicating. Little did I know that I will soon be endowed with the gift of not being told that I was responsible for telling what crime had been committed by my family , anyone in my family , any one in my society or any one in my nation.
Since I was born I had strived to be a “Pacesetter” in life. To live a Christ-like life. Three months ago I suddenly fell sick. I was about to die. It suddenly occurred to me that all I stood for was about to end. I did not realize when I went down on my knees begging God to give me “Another Chance” and if he did I would serve him with all I have.
I was born on the 27th of September 1940 in the Village of Bodo in Abeokuta. I am the grandson of the Late Reverend E.T.B Adebiyi of Oke – Itoku and Mrs. S.F. Adebiyi (Nee John) of Wasimi Ake .
Even though I come from a family that believed in traditional religion, I was not named Ifafemi. However when traditional divination where performed to find out what the future holds for the boy called Oluwafemi, as he grew up, the Ifa diviners said “This boy will be famous and would lead a revolution”. Maybe it is time for me to lead that revolution. That is why I am being given “A Second Chance”.
I started my primary education in St Paul's School Diobu in Port Harcourt, moved to Methodist School Oshodi in Lagos. I decided to become a Methodist because I believe in their evangelistic approach towards saving souls. I got married to a Methodist by divine intervention.
I had vowed to endow my intellectual creativity to an institution where they will respect my work. I tried selling my creativity to our politicians. Obviously many of them thrive in crime or are criminal minded. Now I intend with your support to set up a company that will use Christianity to fight crime perpetrated by traditional beliefs through publications of books, audio tapes, documentaries, movies. You can help make this world a better place to live in if you support my movement. We can spend less in fighting crime by discarding the erroneous traditional beliefs that we must “Keep it in the Family”.
Crime Broadcast Services will be a public company with a religious bias of investments in the creativity and ideals of the founder. Production facilities are available and already there are well over 100 scripts ready for publication. If you are interested in the movement please find out more about the founder.
*He wrote posted this write-up on Facebook two weeks before his demise.

No comments: